RE: Need force XML on loading XML document

> From:	Matej Cepl [SMTP:Cepl@fpm.cz]
>
> Remember, XML is not language like HTML but rather meta-language.
> Therefore, I suppose, that Amaya does not support general XML itself,
> but rather only XHTML, which is extended version of HTML redefined in
> XML.

	DTD's are the actual meta-language.  There is no reason
	why Amaya couldn't render any XML document that can be
	described using CSS (internally it more or less just has
	it also has to allow block/list/inline overrides).  Moreover,
	it ought to be able to edit XML structure, even if it
	cannot render it in the manner intended.

	The aspect that might cause structural problems for Amaya is
	that it must infer a DTD compatible with the document's de
	facto structure, although the DTD only needs to conform in
	the following ways:

	- the root element may only be at the root;

	- any other element must either require an end tag or never
	  permit an end tag, but may be nested arbitrarily within any
	  element with an end tag;

	- any attribute that is ever used for a particular element is an
	  optional attribute for that element.

	Incidentally the test file that didn't make it hang, but wasn't
	successfully parsed, was the XML version of the XML specification!