RE: Need force XML on loading XML document

> From:	Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr [SMTP:Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr]
>
> > However, when I tried it on a piece of XML from one of the earliest uses
> > of XML, an IE4 channel definition file, it put up a save as dialogue.
>
> If Amaya put up a save as dialogue, it's because it didn't get a right
> MIME type "text/xml". Could you check your server configuration?

	Although I've lost the Channel Definition File spec and
	IE4 is well known for ignoring Content-Types, I am
	pretty sure that the official Content-Type is not text/xml
	in this case, and my point was that in general XML is
	likely to be served with Content-Types that reflect the
	application not that it is XML.

	This is the rule when I had it configured, presumably from
	the MS spec, for Apache:

	AddType application/x-cdf cdf

	Netscape Fast Track is giving it as:

	application/x-netcdf

	by default.

> > (Incidentally it hung - menus were live, but stop, exit and end task
> were
> > ineffective when I tried to load the CDF (renamed as .xml) from the
> local
> > disk.  I've had several hangs like this on other documents with Win32
> > v 2.0a.)
>
> Could you send us the document or its URL to try it?

	OK, I'll send the last one to cause the problem off the list.