Re: disappointed

chimbis@bahnhof.se wrote:

> Towards the very end on the 2nd millenium a being known as David J Woolley wrote:
> > On frames... my reading between the lines is that the writers of HTML
> > 4.0 were documenting a faite accompli and would rather have excluded
> > them from the spec entirely.  As this is only an impression, you are
> > free to interpret it things the opposite way.  You might want to
> > note, though, that the frames DTD is based on the loose version of
> > the non-frames DTD, not the strict one.
>
> It's possible but frames _are_ a part of HTML 4 and if Amaya doesn't
> support frames in the way one would expect from a browser (other than
> Lynx) then it isn't truly HTML 4 compliant.

As been told before: Amaya is primary an editor, and on the second look a
browser. The way Amaya 1.4 targets to implement frames promises enough for
me: Frames are just a way to display more than one page at once in a given
layout. I think a speparate view (Frame view) should be given on frames.

CB

--
Vote against SPAM!: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
Corne' Beerse					| Alcatel Telecom Nederland