Re: disappointed

> It's possible but frames _are_ a part of HTML 4 and if Amaya doesn't
> support frames in the way one would expect from a browser (other than
> Lynx) then it isn't truly HTML 4 compliant.

Do you mean that HTML 4 browsers for blind people are not HTML 4 compliant
just because they doesn't display frames as IE or Netscape?
I guess you make a confusion between structure compliance and rendering
compliance.
One major benefit of HTML is that it describes information which can be
read on different devices (dumb terminals, large color screens, and in
near future mobiles). Obviously it mustn't be displayed with the same
rendering
on all these devices.
CSS have also be designed to alter the *standard* HTML rendering.

> Just my equivalent of 2 c.
>
> There are other issues with Amaya which make it hard for me to use. But
> I don't have to delve into those now.

I'm interested. If you have enough time to send us a message about it?