Re: 8 Jul '96 release: bugs and other comments

>  1. The Open file' dialog only shows me files with .html extension. I
>  guess later versions will use a standard Motif-like file selector box?

I don't agree

>  2. When typing in the `Open location' field in the file dialog box,
>  the program appears to try to read the directory after every key I
>  type. This is much too slow. Try it on an AFS volume...

I changed this feature.  The program reads the directory only after typed '/'.

>  3. The `Format' dialog box shows labels like `miidn', `meiin' and
>  `mfogn', where I suppose `left' `center' and `right' is meant. Other
>  labels in that box have nonsense text as well.

It is ok now. The icon file was missing.

>  4. When I edit in the structure view and press the delete or ^D key,
>  no other keys are accepted any more until I click the mouse...

I never see that. Can you explain what we have to do to detect this problem.

>  5. When I try to remove an element like EM (make it plain text again),
>  you'll have to select `emphasis' from the menu again. There is no
>  indication in the menu that this is a toggle. A checkbox next to the
>  menu item would have been nice. A menu item `plain' that removes all
>  character-level elements at once could also be useful.

Perhaps in the next version.

>  6. Is it possible to add a `smart spaces' mode, that automatically
>  removes superfluous spaces?
>
>  7. I put the cursor between two words, selected `emphasis' to insert
>  an EM element, then changed my mind and selected `emphasis' again to
>  remove it. But an element of some sort remained that I couldn't
>  delete. The structure view showed:

Ok, but not implemented in the current version.

>  The empty line in the middle causes extra spaces to appear in the
>  formatted view, which cannot be remoced.

Not corrected yet.

>  8. It crashed. I don't know why and I can't reproduce it:-( This is
>  what was printed on my terminal:

Because the directory dicopar was missing. Corrected.

>  9. There is no <Q> element.

I don't know this tag. What is it ?

>  10. Suddenly the structure view didn't show the structure anymore, but
>  only the style sheet. Then even that was gone and an empty structure
>  view remained.

I suppose that the error comes from a delete of something like Title or Body.
We added controls to prevent user to delete them.

>  11. After I did a `create class', the view scrolled to the top of the
>  page and my cursor was lost.

Not corrected in the current version.

>  12. Is it possible to add some more Emacs-like commands, such as
>  next-word, previous-word, swap-characters?

Ok, but not implemented in the current version.

>  13. The default font of Amaya is rather small on my system. Can Amaya
>  be made to support the font-size keywords like `small' `medium' etc.,
>  together with a configuration option or dialog that sets the actual
>  size for `medium'?

To control Amaya font menu size add a line into .Xdefaults file :
	amaya*FontMenuSize: 14

To control Amaya default document font size, use a CSS file :
	$HOME/.amaya.css that includes the following line
	BODY { magnification: 1}

>  14. When I move the mouse out of the window, keystrokes are lost.

Amaya does not grab the keyboard

>  15. Amaya doesn't do cut and paste using X selections. I can't copy
>  from an xterm, e.g.

Ok, but not corrected yet.

>  16. I cannot change a paragraph into a PRE element.

Now it is possible.

>  17. The `End' key brings me to the end of the document. Why not to the
>  end of the line?

Yes, we will change it in next release.

>  18. How do I enter characters like &emdash; and &endash;?

We will add it in next release.

>  19. When I selected a PRE element and put a DIV around it, the status
>  line showed `Preformatted\Division\BODY\HTML' instead of
>  `Division\Preformatted\BODY\HTML'.

OK. It is a bug.

>  20. The list of classes in the `apply class' dialog is not
>  sorted.

Yes you right.

>  21. The ESC key doesn't select inline elements. Maybe it is more
>  consistent if it does.

????? It works ????

>  22. There is no way to select a stretch of text without the
>  mouse. Shift-cursorkey is the common method for that.

Reserved by Netscape for forward and backward

>  23. The latest CSS1 draft (no published yet) allows the style sheet to
>  be surrounded by <!-- -->, to hide it from old browsers. Thus, the
>  type for STYLE will become
>
>      <!element style - - cdata>
>
>  and a style sheet like

>      <!-- BODY {background: white} -->
>
>  should be allowed. Currently, Amaya (correctly) ignores such a style
>  sheet.

Daniel answer : won't be supported, too uggly !!!

>  24. Style rules for classes are saved without a leading dot:
>
>      example {...}
>
>  instead of
>
>      .example {...}

daniel : ??? was thinking it was working, will be corrected ASAP !

Irène Vatton                    e-mail: Irene.Vatton@imag.fr
Tel: (33)76.61.53.61            Fax: (33)76.61.52.52
INRIA Rhône-Alpes
ZIRST - 655 avenue de l'Europe
38330 MONTBONNOT SAINT MARTIN