W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > wai-xtech@w3.org > February 2014

MInutes: [aapi] UAI TF Meeting Tue Feb 04 2013

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 16:12:21 -0500
Message-ID: <52F157B5.6010306@alum.mit.edu>
To: "wai-xtech@w3.org" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Link:  http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html

Plain text follows:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

            Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference
                               04 Feb 2014

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Joseph_Scheuhammer, Bryan_Garaventa, cyns

    Regrets
    Chair
           Joseph_Scheuhammer

    Scribe
           clown

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Meeting time
          2. [5]1.1 ISSUES and ACTIONS:
             https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/23
          3. [6]issue-481
          4. [7]issue-532
          5. [8]issue-583
          6. [9]issue-612
          7. [10]issue-618
          8. [11]issue-635
          9. [12]issue-441
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 04 February 2014

    <scribe> scribenick: clown

    <scribe> agenda: this

Meeting time

    JS: Is this a good meeting time?

    CS: Good for me, although I am 15 minutes late.
    ... But, doesn't seem good for David.
    ... For me, it must be after 10am PST

    JS: it could be two hours earlier, but not on Tue.

    CS: 10 on Thu
    ... an hour before now, or after, on Thu

    JS: I can't do Wed.
    ... I can't do it 10am - 11:45am on Thu (EST)
    ... I could out email, asking for times based on what we have
    said so far.
    ... Any of those times good for you Bryan?

    BG: All these times are good for me.

    JS: I will send out an email today or tomorrow.

1.1 ISSUES and ACTIONS:
[14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/23

      [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/23

    JS: url to the uaig 1.1. issues.

issue-481

    issue-481?

    <trackbot> issue-481 -- aria-live removal events should or must
    happen before object removal -- open

    <trackbot> [15]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/481

      [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/481

    CS: Seems reasonable. Propose actions for myself and David to
    see if we already do this.

    <scribe> ACTION: Cynthis to investigate implementation of
    aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'Cynthis'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[17]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users>.

      [17] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users%3E.

    <scribe> ACTION: Cynthia to investigate implementation of
    aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1368 - Investigate implementation of
    aria-live region events in ie apropos issue-481. [on Cynthia
    Shelly - due 2014-02-11].

    <scribe> ACTION:  David to investigate implementation of
    aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Error finding ' David'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[20]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users>.

      [20] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users%3E.

    <scribe> ACTION:  davidb to investigate implementation of
    aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Error finding ' davidb'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[22]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users>.

      [22] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users%3E.

    <scribe> ACTION:  David_Bolter to investigate implementation of
    aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Error finding ' David_Bolter'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[24]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users>.

      [24] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users%3E.

    action-1368?

    <trackbot> action-1368 -- Cynthia Shelly to Investigate
    implementation of aria-live region events in ie apropos
    issue-481. -- due 2014-02-11 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [25]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1368

      [25] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1368

issue-532

    issue-532?

    <trackbot> issue-532 -- UAIG section 5.4 requires user agents
    to support aria-described by but section 5.6.1.2 makes it
    optional -- open

    <trackbot> [26]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/532

      [26] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/532

    CS: let's check to see if this is still true.
    ... It says must now.

    JS: what says must?

    CS: the link. It doesn't say MAY. It says MUST.

    JS: So, this issues is obsoletel.

    Resolution: Close issue-532

issue-583

    issue-583?

    <trackbot> issue-583 -- Elements that are descendants of an
    element having aria-activedescendant should not all be
    focusable -- open

    <trackbot> [27]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/583

      [27] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/583

    action-1222?

    <trackbot> action-1222 -- David Bolter to Look into ISSUE-583,
    and think about section 4.3, step 4A to see if that answers the
    question. -- due 2013-05-16 -- CLOSED

    <trackbot>
    [28]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1222

      [28] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1222

    For any element with an ID attribute, where the element is a
    descendant of an element with the aria-activedescendant
    attribute, apply the following accessibility API states to the
    target to ensure the object is accessible:

    Focusable, if the element also has a WAI-ARIA
    [29]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#def_role

      [29] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#def_role

    CS: this looks like it is fixed.

    JS: We all decided back in September that the UAIG was fine in
    this regard.

    BS: I can see why you would need a role to make the AD
    focusable.

    JS: I will contact Rich and see if he agrees.
    ... I should bring up at the next caucus call what we are doing
    about a 1.1 UAIG and its 1.1 issues and actions.

issue-612

    issue-612?

    <trackbot> issue-612 -- Review ia2/atk rule in group position.
    should this really determine level based on aria-owns chain.
    see uaig:
    [30]http://www.w3.org/wai/pf/aria-implementation/#mapping_addit
    ional_position and test case 69:
    [31]https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/testharness/testresults?tes --
    open

      [30] http://www.w3.org/wai/pf/aria-implementation/#mapping_additional_position
      [31] https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/testharness/testresults?tes

    <trackbot> [32]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/612

      [32] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/612

    [33]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testresults?testsuite
    _id=2&testcase_id=69

      [33] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testresults?testsuite_id=2&testcase_id=69

    [34]https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=499917

      [34] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=499917

    <scribe> ACTION: Joseph to add text back into UAIG regarding
    computing implicit level information when a tree is built out
    of aria-owns relationships. [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1370 - Add text back into uaig
    regarding computing implicit level information when a tree is
    built out of aria-owns relationships. [on Joseph Scheuhammer -
    due 2014-02-11].

    action-1370?

    <trackbot> action-1370 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Add text back
    into uaig regarding computing implicit level information when a
    tree is built out of aria-owns relationships. -- due 2014-02-11
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [36]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1370

      [36] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1370

issue-618

    issue-618?

    <trackbot> issue-618 -- MSAA selection event mapping for single
    selection case when item becomes unselected -- open

    <trackbot> [37]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/618

      [37] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/618

    CS: This looks like it's mine.

    <scribe> ACTION: Cynthia to investigate what IE does for single
    selection container when item becomes unselected, and create a
    test case (issue-618). [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action07]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1371 - Investigate what ie does for
    single selection container when item becomes unselected, and
    create a test case (issue-618). [on Cynthia Shelly - due
    2014-02-11].

    action-1371?

    <trackbot> action-1371 -- Cynthia Shelly to Investigate what ie
    does for single selection container when item becomes
    unselected, and create a test case (issue-618). -- due
    2014-02-11 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [39]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1371

      [39] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1371

issue-635

    issue-635?

    <trackbot> issue-635 -- Determine if uaig mappings for rowgroup
    are correct -- open

    <trackbot> [40]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/635

      [40] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/635

    <scribe> ACTION: Cynthia to create a test case, if there is
    none, to test the rowgroup role [recorded in
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action08]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1372 - Create a test case, if there
    is none, to test the rowgroup role [on Cynthia Shelly - due
    2014-02-11].

    action-1372?

    <trackbot> action-1372 -- Cynthia Shelly to Create a test case,
    if there is none, to test the rowgroup role -- due 2014-02-11
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [42]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1372

      [42] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1372

issue-441

    issue-441?

    <trackbot> issue-441 -- Normative UAIG requirements for what
    UAs do when aria-posinset or aria-setsize is provided
    explicitly on some, but not all, elements within a set. --
    raised

    <trackbot> [43]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/441

      [43] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/441

    CS: I think the first step is to create test case, and see what
    happens now.

    <scribe> ACTION: cynthia to create a test case for when
    aria-posinset and aria-setsize are provided explicitly on some
    but not all elements. [recorded in
    [44]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action09]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1373 - Create a test case for when
    aria-posinset and aria-setsize are provided explicitly on some
    but not all elements. [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2014-02-11].

    action-1373?

    <trackbot> action-1373 -- Cynthia Shelly to Create a test case
    for when aria-posinset and aria-setsize are provided explicitly
    on some but not all elements. -- due 2014-02-11 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [45]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1373

      [45] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1373

    toipc: issue-473

    issue-473?

    <trackbot> issue-473 -- Math mapping to AAPI -- raised

    <trackbot> [46]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/473

      [46] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/473

    [47]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13647

      [47] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13647

    JS: issues says it relates to an html bug
    ... The bug is listsed as "verified invalid".

    CS: I don't think is a UAIG issue.
    ... This is a PF issue to coordinate with another WG.
    ... We should send an email to Michael about this.

    JS: I could bring it up at the caucus call.

    CS: I'm going to change the assoiciated product to spec
    reviews.

    JS: I think this has something to do with deprecating the ARIA
    math role.
    ... And just using MathML instead.
    ... If so, this doesn't have much to do with the UAIG.
    ... Unless it is the separate html/uaig document.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: cynthia to create a test case for when
    aria-posinset and aria-setsize are provided explicitly on some
    but not all elements. [recorded in
    [48]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action09]
    [NEW] ACTION: Cynthia to create a test case, if there is none,
    to test the rowgroup role [recorded in
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: Cynthia to investigate implementation of
    aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Cynthia to investigate what IE does for single
    selection container when item becomes unselected, and create a
    test case (issue-618). [recorded in
    [51]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: Cynthis to investigate implementation of
    aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in
    [52]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Joseph to add text back into UAIG regarding
    computing implicit level information when a tree is built out
    of aria-owns relationships. [recorded in
    [53]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION:  David to investigate implementation of aria-live
    region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in
    [54]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION:  David_Bolter to investigate implementation of
    aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in
    [55]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION:  davidb to investigate implementation of
    aria-live region events in IE apropos issue-481. [recorded in
    [56]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-aapi-minutes.html#action04]

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [57]scribe.perl version
     1.138 ([58]CVS log)
     $Date: 2014-02-04 21:08:56 $
      __________________________________________________________

      [57] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [58] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
      [64] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

-- 
;;;;joseph.


'A: After all, it isn't rocket science.'
'K: Right. It's merely computer science.'
              - J. D. Klaun -
Received on Tuesday, 4 February 2014 21:12:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:25:35 UTC