Re: OFF TOPIC - Shame on Google

John,

You are a reasonable, thoughtful individual in person, but this is
list trolling.

I can't pretend to know what happened inside Google during to process
to launch Chrome, but I can assure you that there are numerous people
inside Google that care about accessibility, and history has shown
that Google is willing to fix its bugs. At acknowledge the possibility
that they may have wanted and attempted to make this product
accessible, and just haven't been able to do so yet. I can also assure
you that launching a first version software product can be extremely
difficult, it is never perfect, and features always end up on the
cutting room floor.

I say this because, while I share your concern for the accessibility
of all products, your criticism is hardly objective or constructive.
It not only evokes an aggressive tone that will hinder the probably of
an honest, open response from the Google developers, it also
perpetuates the stereotype that accessibility advocates are all
crotchety jerks that don't understand or give heed the constraints of
a realistic software development cycle.

You personally know *at least* two people at Google that have designed
and built their own screen readers, and who take a very strong
interest in making all of Google's products and the web at large more
accessible. Why not interface with them to see how they or others are
are helping to fix these issues, rather than attempt to embarrass
their company and undermine their efforts to fix the problems from
within.

James