RE: Aria Roles vs. Keyboard Shortcuts in the DHTML Style Guide

Good points Stefan!

When I added N/A to the table, I was assuming there would be no keyboard
interaction required with these roles.  Yet the examples you point out
are very good.
I think it might be time to take up the question with the PF group about
what roles require keyboard shortcuts and what do not.  I will ask for
time on their agenda.

The first point, about Article Region, brings up the question of
navigating to landmarks.  ARIA defines several landmark type containers.
Article, Banner, Complementary, Contentinfo, Directory, Document,
Heading, Main and Region all may be in this category.

I am reluctant to leave this to the AT to decide.  For one, the keyboard
only user is left out. Perhaps your suggestion of Ctrl+Alt+Tab to cycle
through all of these should be considered?

Would you like to make a proposal to the group?

---don