Re: ARIA: Why is role="marquee" necessary? We already have role="log"

James,

One of the reasons that Freedom Scientific wanted Marquee was also so that
they could ignore the updates to that area of the web page - something you
would not do with log.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

             James Craig
             <jcraig@apple.com
             Sent by:                  Aaron M
             wai-xtech-request         Leventhal/Cambridge/IBM@IBMUS
             @w3.org                                                    cc
                                       WAI XTech <wai-xtech@w3.org>,
                                       wai-xtech-request@w3.org
             12/08/2008 02:31                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: ARIA: Why is role="marquee"
                                       necessary? We already have
                                       role="log"

Great explanation. The current description is just too vague then. I'll
make an editorial note to clear up the description of marquee.