Re: agreement: user disposes; disagreement: author proposes [was: Re: When actions speak louder than words]

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 18:08:26 +0100, Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu> wrote:

> I think the author should have a convienent way of defining
> elements they want to have keyboard shortcuts.  Obviously
> users should be able to change or ignore these author
> requests.  But is does give the author an ability to say this
> is a fequently used or consistent feature within their website.

Yep. I think that is generally recognised as the really useful and
important part of accesskey. As currentlly specified I think the rest is
broken, the question is how to fix it...

--
Charles McCathieNevile                     chaals@opera.com
      Peek into the kitchen: http://snapshot.opera.com/