RE: request for sample page structure analyses

At 07:13 AM 10/21/2004, Al Gilman wrote:
>  Please post your contributions before midnight UTC Sunday 24 October.
>a) a link to the page in question
>b) your analysis of how this page breaks down into parts

http://www.talkingsigns.com/

Screen is divided into two vertically scrollable panels. Smaller left panel
is the only navigation method and links internally to a series of
"articles" which when selected display in the larger right panel. Many of
these are links to external URIs whose source code is tedious to reach,
particulary since the address doesn't show the URI you have linked to. [For
a site intended to provide access, it has, to my great personal
embarrassment such things as (in the
http://www.talkingsigns.com/tksinfo.shtml article) Alt text = "Click here
for larger image"]. On the "main" page are several links to audio/video
files. Their rather immense size accompanies their linkagenesses.

This overall layout plan is found very frequently on the Web; i.e., One
panel (usually on left) having hyperlinks that change the display in the
other panel.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/

Screen has three navigation features: a logo that furnishes a sort of
uplink to the mother page, an inline one with links to sections within the
main page, and one in the upper right with links to other related
documents. Except for the logo, it's all text.

Most of my own sites are almost entirely text and resemble this one. It is
also a very commonplace method.

--
Love.

Everyone/everything/everywhere/always connected
---