Re: XAG 2.3 and xlink

One of the arguments for xlink in the first place is that there are lots of
people who want to be able to make links (the bit that makes the Web
different to a collection of documents). If people cannot understand every
XML language and all its implications, then being able to understand links in
detail might be helpful - you don't really know the meaning of the things in
the page, but you know this one points to another page, and there are some
words around it that sort of make sense. Navigating blind is a step forward
from not being able to navigate at all - eventually you can build up a map
that helps to interpret things in it.

Chaals

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, William Loughborough wrote:

>At 05:11 AM 9/3/2002 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>>what can't be done with Xlink, or is much harder with Xlink?
>
>Getting it widely understood/accepted/used?
>
>The transformation of inertia into momentum is often tedious and as our WGs
>"mature" they become stodgier. HTML's is hanging on for dear life,
>threatened by becoming obsolete since it's just a tiny special niche of XML.
>
>--
>Love.
>
>It's Bad Luck to be Superstitious!

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22