Re: Mailing list archives: feeback requested on proposed improvements

le mer 27-03-2002 à 16:14, Ian B. Jacobs a écrit :
> The "more time" bit suggests, for example, that you would get
> the next month of messages (or whatever the period is). I think
> a clearer link to the index page is helpful in any case. This
> could be called "about this list" or "list home page" or something
> like that; the term "index" is a bit geeky and might lose some
> people.

I've changed the title to "more about this list". The previous title was
suggested by Al, who might want to comment on that.

> It may also be helpful to have "next month"/"previous month" (or
> whatever the period is) links. So the period page could include
> something like this:
>
>      * 58 messages: starting Wed 01 Aug 2001, ending Thu 30 Aug 2001
>      * Sort by: [ author ] [ thread ] [ subject ]
>      * More messages: [next month] [previous month] [this list home]
>      * Mail actions: [ mail a new topic ]
>      * Help: [More W3C lists] [Archive HowTo] [Search archives]
>
> s/month/quarter depending on the list.

That would be useful, but I don't think that's easily doable (basically,
it would require more code to detect when there is or not a next or a
previous period). I think we'll have to postpone that.

Dom
W3C's Webmaster
mailto:dom@w3.org