Best

Sandi
..
On 15 Feb 2011, at 08:23, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi Shawn, Sandi, All,
>
> I love how this flyer is coming along! A couple of notes:
>
> #1. Heading "Include. Enable. Innovate"
> - There seems to be a slight mismatch in tense? It reads like action for the reader whereas it actually describes accessibility. Maybe should be something more like "Access. Inclusion. Innovation" or "Access: Inclusion and Innovation" or such?

As the flyer is a call to action for a very wide target audience, I have used three separate words, in this and the subsequent heading, purposefully. They serve as standalone and mix-and-match statements for actions and outcomes, in order to cover off the whole audience.

> #2. Content of section "Include. Enable. Innovate"
> - The bulleted list seems repetitive and not as grabbing as the title. Are "diverse users" different from "people with disabilities"? Who are "diverse users"? Here is a suggestion for dismantling:

My preference would be diverse users alone, as, to me, PWD is implied. However, as the WAIs remit is focussed on disabilities, and the flyer is going to be read by people who may find the diversity concept too ambiguous, highlighting PWD was a requirement.

> [[
> Web accessibility is about ensuring equal access for <bold>people with disabilities</bold> and provides benefits for everyone, including:
> - Improved usability and user experience
> - Access by mobile, TV, and other devices
> - People in rural areas and other contexts
> - Cost saving and improved search ranking

I wanted to keep this section simple and broad, for two reasons - the first being the need to keep it broad as a catch all, so that no one is excluded and the second being limited word count! If this were part of a wider campaign, then providing specifics could be used to segment, but in this instance, I think the level of detail is appropriate. However, I agree that it is a tad flat, so could do with some additional marketing fluff.
> ]]
>

> #3. [very minor] Sentence "The WAI is part ..."
> - Is "The" necessary here?

 Nope. The WAI is grammatically incorrect, as WAI is a proper noun!

> #4. [very minor] Sentence "... foundations of all accessible websites are built ..."
> - Is "accessible" necessary here?

I think so, as people still use tables for non-tabular information, I am afraid.

> #5. List "WAI Guidelines"
> - "Web Designers, Developers and Content Creators" -> "Web Designers, Developers and Content Authors"
> - "Web Application Designers, Developers and Authors" -> "Web Application Designers, Developers and Programmers"
> - "Browser Vendors" -> "Browser and Browser-Extension Developers"
> - "Web Authoring Tool Creators" -> "Web Authoring Tool Producers and Procurers"

I am happy as is, save for adding Browser Extension Developers.

> #6. Sentence "For everything you need to know ..."
> - Really "everything"? I wish it were so but needs confirmation... ;)

Between the guidelines, resources and signposting to other resources, are we not safe to say this?