[Fwd: Request to advance UAAG 1.0 to Candidate Recommendation status]

Dear UAWG,

Congratulations! I have published the 31 August version of
UAAG 1.0 [1] and requested that the Director advance it to
Candidate Recommendation. Below is a copy of the email message
I sent to him and the chairs mailing list.

The expectation is that the Director will make a decision
in about a week whether to advance, and if the decision is
yes, the document will be published as a Candidate Recommendation
shortly thereafter. We also plan to have a press release should
the decision be yes.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication in keeping
this document moving forward!

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20010831/

> This is a request from the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines
> Working Group (UAWG) to advance "User Accessibility Accessibility
> Guidelines (UAAG) 1.0" to Candidate Recommendation. The document
> is available at:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20010831/
>
> We request that the Candidate Recommendation be published on 12
> September 2001. We estimate a CR duration of approximately three
> months, ending tentatively on 12 December 2001.
>
> This email includes the following:
>
>  * Decision to request CR status
>  * Disposition of last call comments and objections
>  * Preliminary implementation report
>  * Support materials
>  * Document abstract and status section
>
> More information about the UAWG is available from their home page:
>    http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/
>
> Thank you,
>
>  - Ian Jacobs, Team Contact for the UAWG
>
> -----------------------------
> Decision to request CR status
> -----------------------------
>
> At their 30 August teleconference [1], the UAWG resolved to
> request that the Director advance UAAG 1.0 to Candidate
> Recommendation.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JulSep/0220

> Disposition of last call comments and objections
>
> The UAWG has addressed all comments raised during the
> third last call. A snapshot of the issues list is
> available at:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/08/issues-20010830
>
> Dispositions of last call comments are available at:
>   http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/08/lc3-dispo
>
> That page includes links to the UAWG's response to each
> reviewer's issues, and acknowledgments from each reviewer.
>
> Three objections are also listed there:
>   http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/08/lc3-dispo#objections
>
> ---------------------------------
> Preliminary implementation report
> ---------------------------------
>
> A preliminary implementation report is available at:
>   http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/implementation/report-cr2
>
> The report approximates (with limited data) that of the ninety
> checkpoints:
>
>   - 69% have been completely implemented by
>     some piece of software.
>   - 18% have partial or better implementation.
>
> The UAWG expects to modify this report in place during and after
> CR, as more products are evaluated and reviewed.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Implementation expectations
>
> Section 5.2.4 of the 19 July version of the W3C Process Document
> [2] states that before advancing a technical report to Proposed
> Recommendation, the Director must be satisfied that (among other
> things):
>
>   "...each feature of the technical report has been
>   implemented. Preferably, the Working Group should be able to
>   demonstrate two interoperable implementations of each feature."
>
> The UAWG intends to demonstrate for every requirement that at
> [...]

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447