Re: access mozilla:

Glad to hear that the accessmozilla page is interesting reading. It
really needs updating, however, as evidenced by the out of date contact
info (now fixed).

My apologies for not being more involved in UAAG. I'm sure you can
imagine the amount of work that needs to be done for Netscape
accessibility. I'm still just trying to cover the basics, such as screen
reader support via MSAA, and full keyboard accessibility.

Just so you don't think it's all vaporware, Netscape's progress and
plans can be found at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ui/accessibility/
We have Microsoft Active Accessibility working in the HTML content area,
but not for the UI yet. Getting the screen readers vendors to actually
use the MSAA that we expose is another matter - that's not typically
looked for by default, and everyone implements it differently. It's not
a clear standard, and not cross-platform, which is another problem for us.

Any advice or thoughts on our plans/progress are always appreciated --
we're on the netscape.public.mozilla.accessibility newsgroup. It's
usually pretty quiet. You might expect that, since, well, we've already
got a lot to do. I'm definitely having fun already, but I think I need
some more "partners in crime".

- Aaron