Re: Refinements and additions to minimum set of functions for single command checkpoint (bookmarks/favorites )

Al Gilman wrote:

> At 05:54 PM 2000-07-24 -0400, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> >
> >> 16. Add current resource to favorites list
> >
> >I don't think this is a P1 requirement for single key access.
> >I would note that applicability also kicks in here for those
> >UAs that don't offer a favorites list.
> >
> >> 17. Go to favorites list
> >
> >I don't think this is a P1 requirement for single key access.
> >

> AG::
>
> I would poll the users explicitly before dropping these.  They are very
> important for independence, as it is hard enough to find sites you can use.
>  Saving links to these so they are "follow a link" away instead of "enter
> an URL" away makes a _very_ important difference.

I just want to note that we have no requirement on the
user agent to implement a bookmarks feature. Having a P1 requirement
to provide single command access to such a feature is problematic
for me. Unless we add a P1 requirement to implement such a feature.
Most of the other bindings in the proposed list have corresponding
checkpoints (e.g., navigation of active elements).

So, I think we need to make the requirement explicit
in order to determine the appropriate priority level. I don't think
that single command access to a P2 required functionality should
be P1.