Re: PROPOSAL(revised): User Agent Types

Do you think these are the user agent types that we should be using?

Example of one user agent types with the my understanding of a checklist.
Is this what you had in mind?

TYPE: Visual Standard (VS)
mapped visual displays with 640x480 pixels or greater resolution with
default font sizes less than 48 point(the font size is only an initial
guess).
CHECKLIST:
__ Graphical display of at least 640x480 pixels
__ Allows for the rendering of text in multiple font sizes
__ Allows for the rendering of document information in more than 2 colors
__ Allows the rendering of images
__ Provides support for both a full size keyboard and a pointer (mouse) to
control nd adjust the user agent
EXAMPLES: Mass market user agents like Microsoft Internet Explorer,
Opera and Netscape navigator.

At 12:41 AM 12/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Jon Gunderson wrote:
>>
>> I am reposting my orginal proposal with a more explicit statement of
>> description and examples of current technology.
>>
>> A particular user agent can embody more than one user agent type and some
>> user agents may embody only part of one type (i.e playing audio files, but
>> not video for the MM type).
>
>Yes, but please recall in my original proposal that a type should
>only be defined as a set of checkpoints (techniques). The descriptions
>should only be informative.
>
> - Ian

1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820