Re: access browser "back" from web page?

onClick="location=history.goback(-1)" (Or sometihng like that. I forget
off the top of my head.)

The back function is one of the most popular things in a browser, as it
ought to be. I am not sure that putting it into pages is all that great -
I prefer to tell the user to go back themselves. But I suppose people who
charge lots of money for websites won't want to do that, so they will use
the thing. Of course the likely result is some goose will work out how to
make a site rely on it, and thus not work for non-Jscript browsers.

Charles McCathieNevile

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Al Gilman wrote:
> [snip]
> Another function that could help accessibility would be if one
> could place a clickable in a web page that exercised the "back"
> function of the browser.  This is navigation in the user's
> session context, not the author's site context.

[snip]