RE: A table navigation technique

<<
Actually, that would be limiting for blind users to "top screen readers".
I do not believe that the guidelines should in any force blind users
in that direction.  Do you believe blind users want that?

I believe that blind users want solutions.  The browser isn't the solution.
There are some thing the browser does and something's the accessibility aid
does.  At some point you have to say - "We expose information - now others
have to use that information to re-render the content in a different
structure"

For stylistic things like font type and color, it makes sense for the
browser for the browser to control it.  For structural elements, such as a
completely different way of rendering tables, I submit that it's not the
browsers responsibility.

Scott, has any other browser stepped up to do this?  Will Netscape and Opera
do this?  For that matter, do either of those browsers expose the structure
of the table in both a accessibility-generic and HTML-specific fashion?

I think Microsoft has done plenty to make tables and the HTML content
accessible.  We're not in the business of providing Nth degree of rendering
options for structure mark up.

Does anyone else on the list share Scott's view that unrolling of tables
should be a Priority 1 item?

Actually, that would be limiting for blind users to "top screen readers".
I do not believe that the guidelines should in any force blind users
in that direction.  Do you believe blind users want that?
Scott