From: Peter Weil <peter.weil@wisc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 1:53 PM
To: kelly@kellford.com; rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: search with autocomplete

Kelly,

This is really good information for developers. What do you mean by the “default result”? The first item that comes up when you enter a character?

Off the top of my head, there ought to be a way to both announce the default and somehow delay the total results announcement using either a promise or a timeout.

Peter

--
Peter Weil, Web Developer
University Marketing