(unknown charset) Re: Concerns with Accessibe joining W3C

I echo this stance.
what perhaps members do not realize is the   way organizations like  this
one  can claim credibility, and assumed following of w3c  guidelines,
just by being able to say, we are a member of the w3c.
Speaking personally?  Perhaps the intersection  between  real, and
self-promotional claims to inclusion is at a point something  should be
done.  Much as with the email issue, changes impact  populations in
critical ways, with a company being able to claim, often to the detriment
of a person who cannot prove otherwise that they are accessible because a
company like this says as much.
One of my favorites recent examples comes from a company claiming that
their Captcha tool is fully accessible stating on twitter that
accessibility does not extend to braille displays, or braille users on
line.
Sadly the general public  remains too  ignorant of what accessibility
means, and too rooted in well intention stereotypes for this to
continue.
best,
Karen