From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, May 3, 2021 6:21 AM
To: WAI Interest Group discussion list
Subject: High numbers of WCAG issues and pull requests

Ce message a été envoyé par un expéditeur externe. Veuillez faire preuve de prudence et ne pas cliquer sur les liens ou ouvrir les pièces jointes à moins de reconnaître l'expéditeur et de savoir que le contenu est sûr.

This message was sent from an external sender. Please exercise caution and do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

I've asked separately before, but opening this up to the wider group:
there are currently 437 issues https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues and
106 pull requests https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pulls against WCAG, and
the numbers keep constantly going up (and yes, in a rather self-centered
view...there are 19 PRs by me that I keep a close eye on, but that don't
seem to be going anywhere
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pulls/patrickhlauke - many of which I'd say
are fairly non-controversial, have been discussed, or just make a small
editorial/non-substantive correction/tweak, ranging back to 2019).

I understand that the focus is currently on 2.2 and/or 3.0, but
particularly as most of the issues/PRs are about 2.1 (and heck, even
2.0) aspects that will be inherited by 2.2 anyway, I personally see
value in looking at them at this juncture rather than carrying over
potentially incorrect/confusing/incomplete/outright wrong things from
2.1/2.0.

Is it worth considering doing a triage day/week to try and get these
numbers down? A single concerted push to just try and get at least some
of these resolved/merged/closed?

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux