Re: Technique : C27 and GDPR compliant cookie banner

Hi Steven

The GDPR banner is intrusive by design. It should not be confused with a
simple cookie banner advising users that session cookies are collected to
enable them to use the site.
For a simple session cookie, the banner is nice to have, but not required,
as no personal data is collected. For the banner, where compliance is
sought under GDPR - i.e., personal data is collected,  the user should be
forced to explicitly accept the collection of cookies before continuing to
use the site. In this case, the user must click okay or whatever, which
enables one to hide the banner.

Kindest regards
Harry