Re: Technique : C27 and GDPR compliant cookie banner

On 27/04/2021 08:38, Steven Mouret wrote:
> Hello Patrick thank you for your response. About the compliance it's ok.
> About the keyboard users, are they not hampered in their navigation? I
> am thinking in particular of the visually impaired person using a screen
> magnifier.
> Wouldn't it be better to position the banner at the top of the page and
> make it easier to navigate?

If the user is navigating using the keyboard, their magnified view wil
lfollow their keyboard focus, so assuming the banner is visually at the
bottom of the page, but structurally/in focus order comes at the start
of the DOM, then this won't be an issue for these users.

The only issue here may be users that navigate with a mouse and use
screen magnification, yes. But that issue specifically is not covered by
WCAG. Of course, you can go above and beyond the normative requirements,
and if you feel that the banner should also be visually at the top of
the viewport, then by all means go for it...but not doing so does not
fail WCAG.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux