Re: Query on underlines link

On 13/04/2021 09:57, Ragupathy Ramasamy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The current inline link, or links embedded in a paragraph, are not
> receiving underlined by default. They get an underline and color change
> on hover. An example can be found below. Do we need to add underlines to
> our inline links or is the > 3:1 contrast ratio & underline on-hover
> sufficient? and It is a violation or not?

Based on the understanding (which has recently been tweaked) for 1.4.1
Use of Color (see second note in the intent)
https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/Understanding/use-of-color.html the
contrast of 3:1 or better between link text and regular text colour is
sufficient to pass the SC (as it then counts as more than just
colour/hue, and it's a difference of luminosity as well).

Of course, passing the SC is only reaching the bare minimum. I'd still
recommend, if possible, adding some further visual indicator to
differentiate regular text and links, going above and beyond the "this
technically passes" requirement.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux