De : Mitchell Evan [mailto:mtchllvn@gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 24 septembre 2020 09:13
À : Pierre CHMIELEWSKI <pierre.chmielewski@bureauveritas.com>
Cc : w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Objet : Re: WCAG 2.1 questions

Hi Pierre,

I see that Bureau Veritas does business in every continent<https://group.bureauveritas.com/place-locator>, which probably motivates your question about deadline dates in different countries. To over-simplify: The public sector in Europe requires WCAG 2.1, while most of the rest of the world is using WCAG 2.0 moving at different speeds toward 2.1. I recommend you target 2.1 now for all regions and sectors, because it is better for users and fully back-compatible with 2.0.

For a more detailed discussion of 2.0/2.1, regions, and sectors, see this recent Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/mgifford/status/1308405556667875330?s=19<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/twitter.com/mgifford/status/1308405556667875330?s=19__;!!NslPjgbbnDqexg!dVr-vh8xWIa-nVFyK4mXNDwce7Dy1kJBBe9r1ZutrZSjC3wMc4Jt-2ftj1vhXwTiB0mbEqLcTrR9$>

Update: An earlier email gave a link to RGAA version 3 2017, which was based on WCAG 2.0. France has moved to RGAA version 4 2019, now based on WCAG 2.1. https://www.numerique.gouv.fr/publications/rgaa-accessibilite/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.numerique.gouv.fr/publications/rgaa-accessibilite/__;!!NslPjgbbnDqexg!dVr-vh8xWIa-nVFyK4mXNDwce7Dy1kJBBe9r1ZutrZSjC3wMc4Jt-2ftj1vhXwTiB0mbEio97F3o$>

Cheers,
Mitchell

Mitchell Evan, CPWA
linkedin.com/in/mitchellrevan<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.linkedin.com/in/mitchellrevan__;!!NslPjgbbnDqexg!dVr-vh8xWIa-nVFyK4mXNDwce7Dy1kJBBe9r1ZutrZSjC3wMc4Jt-2ftj1vhXwTiB0mbEpnBhzN7$>