Re: Disabled form fields

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 12:42:14 +0100, Subramanian, Poornima (PCL)
<psubramanian@hagroup.com> wrote:

> From the WCAG SC 1.4.3 below, the scenario (highlighted text) given
> under exception category to this contrast requirement.

Yes. I think that's a bug, and the exception should be removed. :(

> Though sometimes, the ‘disabled’ attribute coded on (useful to know)
> form fields e.g. ‘Continue to next step’, ‘Add to cart’, the >elements
> are considered as ‘inactive UI element’ until it become enabled for
> action.
>
> And coding ‘disabled’ or ‘aria-disabled’ are mainly for screen reader
> interpretation purpose, the visual clue of showing as ‘disabled >with
> dull color’ still serve good to understand its state (disabled /
> enabled).

My experience as a user is that this is untrue - often it is not clear
that something is disabled from its "dull color", leading to significant
frustration.

cheers

Chaals