Von: Schafer, Carmen [mailto:schafercg@missouri.edu]
Gesendet: 23 October 2017 16:51
An: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Betreff: tab vs. arrow keys with NVDA and Firefox

Hi all,

I have question regarding arrow keys vs. the tab key using NVDA and Firefox.
When I use the tab key on three buttons (see screenshot below), NVDA
announces each one individually as I tab and they are accessible using the
enter key.  I believe this is called focus mode.  However, when using arrow
keys it announces the heading level and a clickable list (see speech output
below).  I believe this is called browse mode.  Using the arrow keys, NVDA
doesn't announce each button individually and I cannot access the link with
the enter key.  Is this a WCAG 2.0 violation since the buttons can be
comprehended and accessed using the tab key, but not with arrow keys?

NVDA Speech Output

Tab Key used:

PHYSICIANS  link

NURSING  link

ALL OPENINGS  link

Arrow Keys Used:

Banner banner landmark

heading  level 3

FIND A JOB

clickable

list

Code

<h3 class="open">Find a Job</h3>

<a class="btn btn-yellow" href="/jobseeker/physician"
tabindex="0">Physicians</a>
<a class="btn btn-yellow" href="/jobseeker/nursing" tabindex="0">Nursing</a>
<a class="btn btn-yellow external" href="/jobseeker/allopenings "
target="_blank" tabindex="0">All Openings</a>

I appreciate anyone's insight into this.

Regards,

Carmen