Re: In WCAG NEXT let's put a date field on failures

My reading of WCAG is that 1.3.1 always required the visually distinct page sections to be either programmatically determinable or available in text even back in the day before landmarks and HTML5 structural sectioning elements.

This is also how I feel, "WCAG is supposed to be ever green and technologically independent to give it a longer life. That's why we decided to make the very difficult decision to remove any mention of technology in the SCs. If we can't keep up with the most basic important accessibility feature such are regions, then we've failed at that goal…"

Thanks for trying to get a logically reasonable failure for missing landmarks into WCAG!

Paul J. Adam
Accessibility Evangelist
www.deque.com