Re: Let's add an approved date field to Failures and Techniques

I've given up trying to introduce failures to WCAG 2. Even ones that should
be failures like letting blind people know where the regions on a page are.

There have been 3 little administrative failures voted "yes" in 8 years.
The technology independent strategy of "ever green" success criteria and
updated non normative techniques and failures of WCAG 2 in this regard has
been a total failure. So even though in principle yes... a failure is
always a failure... the whole business with respect  to failures has been a
failure and I'm hoping for a new way forward.

This might make industry a little uncomfortable, but they've always been
uncomfortable with requirements... for perhaps good reasons from their
perspective but the end result is that people with disabilities suffer ...

We need a solution, if not a date field I'm all ears... how are we going to
solve this in WCAG.NEXT?

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*