Re: Re[4]: Let's add an approved date field to Failures and Techniques

I think the date a failure was published or changed is very useful.
Failures (while not normative) are interpreted to have more strength than
other informative parts of WCAG...and indeed they help the world of
accessibility experts be consistent.  I think that changes (additions,
edits, deletions) to failures are SUPER important for the accessibility
community to easily know...it helps us understand why on "x date 5 years
ago...it wasn't as clear that y was a failure...even though in reality it
should have always been a failure."...."but now on date Z it became super
clear to everyone that this is indeed a failure."

Being the girl that has to defend interpretations done by 50+ a11y experts
at Deque...I'd welcome a "published" date on failures with open arms.

P.S.  Failure Published Date could have a clear definition explaining the
nuances of what that date actually means.
P.P.S.  Andrew & Josh..have I mentioned how much I appreciate the work
y'all do chairing the WCAGWG?  I know it is very hard to do.  Thank you for
all your positive energy and patience.

glenda sims    |   team a11y lead   |    deque.com    |    512.963.3773

*web for everyone. web on everything.* -  w3 goals