From: Daisuke MIYAMOTO [mailto:daisu-mi@nc.u-tokyo.ac.jp]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 7:50 AM
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Accessibility for trustworthiness indicators

Hello!

I'm working on phishing prevention, and am concerned with accessibility for people with disabilities. I'm afraid but many security information, e.g., address bar colored green, is really important for distinguishing legitimate sites, but individuals with visual impairment are hard to recognize it.

My team has interviewed with people with disabilities, and found the current screen reader applications are not so efficient to prevent phishing. This was briefly summarized and available at my github repo as follows:

https://github.com/daisu-mi/document/

Does anyone have information for protecting individuals with
visual impairments from phishing attacks?

Kind regards,
Daisuke

--
Daisuke MIYAMOTO
 / Assist. Prof., ITC, The University of Tokyo