Re: Error Handling Best Practice?

A proposal - for error notifications on small screens.

1) Form data validation occurs on form submission.
2) Post submission, the <label> associated with each form field found to contain an error is altered to include the text "Error:" (as per W3C Tutorial).
3) A sentence is placed at the beginning of the form summarising "the following <named> form contains <x> number of errors".
4) The user's focus is set to this sentence.

This allows screen-reader users navigating in and out of focus to find the form fields with errors.

All the best

Alistair