Re: Poor contrast on focus indicator: SC 2.4.7 failure?

Jonathan / Greg,
Sorry you are mis-reading my first post:
I said: "So I do not think disabling CSS  to do away with poor
contrast on the focus indicator will make it pass 2.4.7"
I raised this question "Poor contrast on focus indicator: SC 2.4.7
failure?   " with a hope of hearing from Wayne based on his remarks:
"New Fail Case 1 restores 1194.22(d) of the current 508, which has
been lost in the 508 Refresh. The author's visual presentation must be
removable".
I understand para (d)  refers to use of user defined style sheets, yet
in his test case, I do see a statement that says
"2. From the Firefox menu take View > Page Style > No Style".
My words "disabling CSS" is used in the above context. Maybe my email
was unclear to you because I started another thread after reading
Wayne's post.
Coming back to my question:
Yes, knowledgeable content authors may use CSS to enhance browser's
default focus indicator if it is weak. That's good.
But consider a case where the default focus indicator is passable. Now
if the content author styles the background / foreground colors in a
manner that introduces poor contrast and as a result, the focus
indicator is no longer clear. It is not the browser's fault but a CSS
/ author-introduced issue. So is it alright to fail poor contrast on
the focus indicator under SC 2.4.7?
Thanks,
Sailesh