From: Mitchell Evan [mailto:mtchllvn@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:15 PM
To: Wayne Dick; Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: deeply nested headings

I'll rephrase the question two ways.

First, what's a good experience for the user? To answer this, I'd like to hear about real-world examples. Are we talking about a homogeneous hierarchy, from chapters all the way down to sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-headings? Or are there sometimes distinct regions of content, like a long embedded article with its own internal headings? The harder problem to solve will be cognitive load for anybody, trying to keep track of this much depth.

Second, what is technically correct for HTML, supported today, and reasonably future-proof? It's a valid question, which I'll leave others to answer.