Re: deeply nested headings

I'll rephrase the question two ways.

First, what's a good experience for the user? To answer this, I'd like to
hear about real-world examples. Are we talking about a homogeneous
hierarchy, from chapters all the way down to sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-headings?
Or are there sometimes distinct regions of content, like a long embedded
article with its own internal headings? The harder problem to solve will be
cognitive load for anybody, trying to keep track of this much depth.

Second, what is technically correct for HTML, supported today, and
reasonably future-proof? It's a valid question, which I'll leave others to
answer.