RE: correct use of tfoot

Orion Adrian wrote:

> I don't think this would be a wise idea as the duplicating rows at
> the end up table is a useful feature that would be lost if it simply
> got used to mark up a summation column. I believe it would be far
> better suited to simply apply an id or class to the last <tr>.

I don't disagree with this either - at some point it may be left to a
judgment call as to which is most appropriate.

<opinion>
I think however that as a general response, the guidance would be that under
most circumstances, the <tfoot> *should* mirror the <thead>, but that it is
not obligatory (although I did not write the spec., and I may be off here).
</opinion>

JF