Re: [WebAIM] More data on accesskeys (New article written Nov. 1)

Alastair Campbell wrote:
> RELAX NG was mentioned, the last time I came across that was working on
> an XML based document transformation project in about 2001 (I think),
> but we didn't actually use it and I don't remember much about it.
> [...]
> I guess that would mean that the HTML5 'validator' would use a schema
> (based on it's understanding of HTML5) rather than trying to use a DTD?

The HTML5 validator uses a combination of Relax NG, Schematron and
custom processing because no single schema is expressive enough for all
the requirements in the spec.

> Btw, I hope you do continue your series on XBL, it's great to have an
> easy to understand overview of upcoming specs, for those of us who
> haven't had the time digest them whole yet.

Yes, that will be continuing shortly.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/