Re: More data on accesskeys (New article written Nov. 1)

w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org wrote on 03/11/2006 16:49:32:

> Andy Mabbett wrote:
> > A simple fix for the problem of access keys would be to allow the user
> > define their own access keys for, say, "home", "search", [...], etc.;
and
> > then to map these, for any given page, to the target pages specified
in
> > the "link" headers, e.g.:
> >
> >         <link rel="home" href="http://www.example.com/index.htm">
> >         <link rel="search" href="http://www.example.com/search.htm">

> I agree with the concept, but I don't agree with using the <link>
element.

Why on Earth not (and that *is * the concept, BTW)?

If, for example, the author has used <link rel="home"> then they have, de
facto, specified the home page, in relation to the page being viewed. Why
should three not be an easy way for a keyboard user to reach that page?

[I probably shan't see any replies until Monday]

--
Andy Mabbett

The information contained within this e-mail (and any attachment) sent by Birmingham City Council is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies and notify the sender immediately, or telephone +(44)(0)121 464 4444. Unauthorised access, use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted and may be unlawful. Any e-mail including its content may be monitored and used by Birmingham City Council for reasons of security and for monitoring internal compliance with the office policy on staff use. E-mail blocking software may also be used. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of Birmingham City Council. We cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.