Re: examples of sites with good accessibility

Hi Everyone--

David's correct that the Title attribute should provide supplementary
information to that contained in the link text. From a practical
standpoint, I've assumed that it should also be meaninful out of
context, since reading the title attribute (or the longest description)
in lieu of the link text is a setting in JAWS, and you would want the
user to understand it in that instance as well. In other words, not just
supplementary information, but the original text (or shortened version
of it) as well.

This raises another question: Is there a technique or keystroke
combination that a screen reader user can invoke on an ad hoc basis
(i.e. as they are reading) that provides them with the longer
description if the link phrase isn't sufficient? That would seem to be
very useful and true to WCAG 1.0 intentions.

Mike