Re: examples of sites with good accessibility

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:14:47 +0200, <Anna.Yevsiyevich@kohls.com> wrote:

> Based on replies to this thread, am I correct in understanding that you
> know of no retail site that has decent accessibility? Gap, JC Penny,
> Sears, KMart, WalMart, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. None of these do
> anything right?

Aaah, but ask us what they do wrong and we can wax lyrical for hours...

> Is there at least ONE retail site that can be viewed as "OK" in terms
> of accessibility. I know it is a subjective question, and depends on the
> intended audience of the site, as well as all the other considerations
> discussed in earlier posts.

Seriously, you might want to look at tesco in the UK (major supermarket
chain) - http://direct.tesco.com/content/accessibility_browsers.aspx talks
about their accessibility. They worked hard with RNIB on this.

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com