RE: Incorporating Flash into a Website

> It's not valid, because it violates the requirement that the
> document be valid both before and after being manipulated by
> the scripting.

David, can you clarify where this requirement is spelled out?  In many
cases it doesn't make sense - if I use javascript to modify the DOM, I'm
not modifying the HTML that has the validation linkage, I'm modifying
the browsers interpretation initial interpretation of that HTML.

I understand that you are objecting to the embed element in the
document.write statement, and that's fine.  There are ways to avoid
using the embed element, but it does require some means of
differentiating between browsers.

I wrote up some test results on this topic at:
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/accessibility/archives/2005/08/in_search_o
f_a.cfm

This needs to be updated - JAWS 7.0/7.1 have made some changes for the
better in this regard.

AWK