Re: [OT] Misuse of Out of Office Responders

>> Now that the holiday season is upon us, could people please ensure
>> that, if they generate Out of Office auto replies, they only send
>> them to personal correspondents, not to people on public mailing lists.

Yes... of all the lists I am on, this list is the worst for that
infraction.

> As far as I can recall, what you say about Microsoft mail clients, in
> particular Outlook, is correct. I am afraid there is very little their
> users can do, save change mail client.

They can set to nomail or unsubscribe.

> May I suggest a mail filtering software that deletes "Out of Office"
> replies ?

Were I running this list, anyone sending a vacation message would be
unsubscribed.... Since it's Christmas, I might even send them a note
telling them why.

Your use of poorly designed software should not cause me to have to take
steps to avoid being annoyed by it.

TjL