From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Simon White
Sent: Thursday, 14 March 2002 10:59 PM
To: WAI List (E-mail)
Subject: Recognised courses in Web Accessibility?

Hi all,
Does anyone know of a course offered at an educational establishment that
covers Web accessibility issues and how to overcome them? I am particularly
interested in UK-based courses, unless there are distance learning ones
available to UK residents. The reason that I ask is that there does not
appear to be any way in which I can prove my knowledge prior to taking on a
project, and also I would like to learn in a more structured way.

I am aware of the course offered through WebAIM, but this is not affiliated
to a degree or similar. I've done a search and found that York University
offers something, but it is not quite what I require as they tend to be
leaning towards developers rather than general interest such as I have - I
mean, I can code a bit, but not to a level required to do it full time
without having to catch up in a big way.

If there are courses aimed at developers only, I am still interested; it
would just mean that I would have to ultimately learn about two subjects
concurrently and I am sure that the male species is not good at multitasking
(at least that is what the TV adverts suggest) *grin*

Thanks in advance

Simon White

Copywriter
JKD