RE: GW Micro Helps Make Macromedia Flash Content Accessible to People Who Are Blind

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Michel Thouati wrote:

> I can tell you about our products as an example. We architect in java
> but we serve most end-users on our customers' sites who use MS systems.
> We want to be compatible with everyone - but, to take a specific
> example, when we produce chat applets, how can we provide accessibility
> to every OS?

HTML or ASCII Text is about as basic and standard as is possible to get
and it takes almost nothing to provide.

> As a young startup, we have a hard time just addressing the
> largest segment of the market... And, btw, we are opensource
> (Java/Linux)- but our users (who browse on our applets) are the ones who
> have a proprietary OS...

you must of course provide for the customer and the customer is boss, but
everyone is the customer not just windoze users

Bob