Re: Screen Readers and Microsoft Access

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Well, slearly a whole lot of screen readers running on linux are  likely to
> have major problems.

such as mine

> Also, a screen reader belonging to someone who never thought to buy access is
> going to have a problem becuase there isn't an application to access the
> content from.

and having no intention of buying it

> This probably still means that most screen readers can use it. But then the
> argument looks a lot like "most people don't use a screen reader, so why
> worry about the few left over" to me.

I guess it depends on weather or not you are the one left out

> These things can be resolved, but I would suggest that this isn't the most
> access-friendly way to do it. (Unless you know everyone has bought windows,
> or think that the cost of a new system - list price $199 - is a reasonable
> thing to impose).

since a large percentage of people with disabilities are living below the
poverty line $1.99 would be too much for many

Bob

> chaals
>

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Lubow Scott wrote:
>
>   I know the topic isn't web related but...we are creating a survey that
>   is built and run inside Microsoft Access 2000.  Will a screen reader be
>   able to access the forms and information?
>   Thanks in advance
>   Scott

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks