From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of RUST Randal
Sent: Friday, 18 January 2002 10:10 PM
To: 'Access Systems'; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: WA - background-image in CSS

Think about what you are saying here.  You are saying that the USER should
be able to determine what is important on the PAGE THAT I HAVE AUTHORED!?
If this is your view of the web, then what is the point of anyone even
posting a web page?

The author of the page is the one who determines what is essential.  This is
the basis of such things as "blogging" and personal journals.

What if you wrote a page, and eliminated a paragraph before you post it.
Are you saying that the user that the author should leave it, and let the
user decide if it should stay or not?