From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Charles McCathieNevile
Sent: Thursday, 17 January 2002 3:01 AM
To: kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com
Cc: David Poehlman; Martin Sloan; 'Kynn Bartlett'; 'Harry Woodrow';
'Denise Wood'; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Legal requirements RE: statistics

Aah, can you sue, yes. Do you have a chance of success? Well, I am going to
duck on that one. It requires too many case details.

Chaals

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com wrote:

  Charles wrote:
  > The matter of choice is of course important. If I choose to use
something
  > broken, I can't expect people to make it work for me. But if my employer
  > tells me to use it, I can expect them to be responsible for making sure
it
  > works, or replacing it...

  A question would be whether or not an employer can be held in violation
  of workplace accomodation laws by not providing a UAAG-compliant web
  browser employees to use. Or at least one which comes closer than others.

  In other words, can you sue your boss for giving you Netscape 4?  Or
  -should- you be able to?

  --Kynn

--
Charles McCathieNevile    http://www.w3.org/People/Charles  phone: +61 409