From: kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com [mailto:kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 12:29 PM
To: poehlman1@home.com
Cc: kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com; RRust@COVANSYS.com; martin.sloan@orange.net;
kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com; harrry@email.com; Denise_Wood@operamail.com;
w3c-wai-ig@w3.org; charles@w3.org
Subject: Re: Legal requirements RE: statistics

David wrote:
> not as easy as you might think.  ns is where they are for lots of
> expensive reasons, ns is where they are going to stay and they cannot
> upgrade for some of the same reasons they are locked into ns.  Please
> accept the fact that there is no magic solution for all or even many of
> the users out here.

I don't have a legal or moral obligation, as a web developer, to provide
accomodation for those _non-disability_ factors.  Just like I don't have
a responsibility to account for the fact that a blind guy might _not_
have a screenreader.  I don't have to provide streaming audio for every
web page on my site.

--Kynn